If you are looking for beginner music notation theory, then you've come to the right place.
I'm the process of developing eLearning courses just for you!
My products aren't finished yet, which gives you the opportunity to contact me and let me know what you want to learn.
For now, a few tips:
1) Analyze professionally notated music from multiple angles. Analyze it visually, note where certain things are, find patterns. For example, do you see that dynamics are mostly under the staff, and tempo markings are above the staff? Neat huh? Everything fits.
2) Write out some music you like by hand. You will be amazed how much you will learn by just copying existing music.
3) Find a teacher to help you!
4) Find and buy appropriate books, and since I haven't done that research yet, drop me a line and let me know what you found most helpful.
5) Come on back and give my products a try, or take a few online lessons from me.
July 26, 2006